Fireworks by Grucci SMASH the World Record
Over here in the UK we love everything pyro and in the interests of bringing information to the masses we decided that we should bring all the stats to the fore in regards to the recent success of Grucci Fireworks spectacular in Dubai when the Guinness World Record was smashed.
Back in 2012, we featured the success of Kuwait (created by Parente fireworks) in beating the previous record for the most fireworks having fired 77,282 fireworks in 64 minutes across a distance of 5 kilometres. A massive achievement but of course, records are there to be broken and here started the planning in Dubai to ensure that they exceeded the record on 31st December 2013 which was set to be broadcast across the world so they had to get it right.
Bearing in mind that the world and his granny were watching and of course, it being New Year’s Eve, they also had to manage to include all the usual celebrations in the area too – not an easy task I am sure you will agree but success was theirs for the taking and here are the stats:
- Six minute super show
- Covered 64 miles of seafront
- 479,651 firework effects
- 100 computers to fire the show
- The pyro arrived in 19 forty-foot containers
- There were over 5000 man hours in setting up and building
- 200 professional firers used
- 300 hours in designing the perfect world record
- A huge 81 piece orchestra created the original musical score
- 250 floating platforms created the beautiful ‘palm’ effect on the water
- There was enough wire used to cover the entire 300 square miles to support the communications and computer networking
The official Guinness World record was confirmed on 6th January 2014.
It was without a doubt a staggering task and we are sure that within a couple of years another of the Emirates or Gulf states will have another bash at breaking the record again particularly when you look at the number of fireworks they had when they won the EXPO 2020 we sincerely hope that they step it up another level for the event.
Leave a comment