Wheres the Best Views of Fireworks in Philly for the 4th?
Philadelphia is known as the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, but did you know that it is also known for its kick-ass fireworks display?
Every year on the 4th of July Philadelphia hosts the annual Sunoco Welcome America! festival.
Family Friendly Fun and entertainment with delicious dishes, cultural events a brilliant fireworks displays, and the largest free concert in America guarantee days and nights of excitement and discovery.
The party gets into swing on the weekend of June 26th with the awesome culinary delights of the Taste of Philadelphia on the Penn’s Landing waterfront, with live entertainment from singers and entertainers and a dazzling display of fireworks over the Delaware River.
The fun revs back up July 2-5 when Philadelphia hosts millions of residents and visitors for a celebration of America's birthday.
The morning of July 4 begins with traditional ceremonies on historic Independence Mall, followed by a parade through storied Historic Philadelphia with a new route for this year with patriotic bands, flags and pageantry reeking of nostalgia of an old-fashioned Main Street, USA parade.
Later in the afternoon, the “Party on the Parkway” will be set against the dramatic background of museums, attractions, architecture and flags of the world.
Now for the best part, When the sun sets on July 4, Philadelphia will play host to the biggest, most spectacular, free outdoor concert in America as Sheryl Crow takes to the stage. The music and fun will be followed by an amazing fireworks grand finale set against the dramatic backdrop of the Art Museum.
The fun starts at 8pm on Saturday night for America's Birthday. The largest free concert in the United States of America featuring the incredible singing talents of Sheryl Crow. Benjamin Franklin Parkway is the place to be for perhaps one of the most impressive fireworks displays in the free world.
The best views of the fireworks in Philly are listed here, plus a map to help you see where you are going. Try to get there early to get the best spots.
The Fireworks Display on Saturday July 4 will begin directly after the free concert featuring the Roots and Sheryl Crow finishes. The fireworks take place above the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The Fireworks are estimated to begin around 10:30, but get there by 10 pm just to be safe.
1. Along Benjamin Franklin Parkway: Get there early with a few blankets and set up a comfy prime time spot on the baseball fields at 22nd and the Parkway.
2. Schuylkill River Park: The part of the park between the JFK Bridge and the Art Museum is a great, lesser-known spot to watch. Note, the area directly behind the Art Museum by the Fairmount Water Works will be closed. As will the restaurant.
3. Along Martin Luther King Drive: across the Schuylkill River from Boathouse Row also provides excellent views of the show.
4. Lemon Hill: get there early.
5. Kelly Drive: Several places along the river between Poplar Drive and Brewery Hill Drive/the Girard Ave Bridge afford great views of the display. Also, the Girard Avenue Bridge itself for a view from afar.