WEST MIDLANDS SAFARI PARK FIREWORK FESTIVAL
WHAT: WEST MIDLANDS SAFARI PARK FIREWORK FESTIVAL
WHY: FIREWORK FESTIVAL
WHEN: 7TH AND 8TH NOVEMBER 2020
WHERE: WEST MIDLANDS SAFARI PARK, BEWDLEY, WORCESTERSHIRE
COST: ADMISSION TO WALK ROUND THE PARK AND FIREWORKS £16.00 - ADMISSION AND RIDE WRISTBAND £29.00 PER PERSON (3 YEARS PLUS) - LITTLE PENGUIN RIDE WRISTBAND £8.00 (0.8 METRES AND UNDER)
One of the select few organised Bonfire Night events which will still be going ahead this year is taking place at the lovely West Midlands Safari Park in Worcestershire.
With numerous safety guidelines in place, they have been allowed to continue with their plans to hold the fundraising display, which is fortunate, particularly given the recent news that a number of Zoos and animal parks are really struggling to feed the captive animals, because of the huge drop in visitor numbers.
Whilst you will be able to take in the sights of the walk-through areas, the safari drive through is closed, and will remain so for sometime, for the protection of both the visiting public and the animals.
The gates will be open from 1pm and the last entry to the park for the firework event will be at 6pm with the fireworks due to be lit from 6.30pm. Please note that the Park and Ride will close at 9pm and the lemur woods close at 4pm and the African Village will be at 5.30pm.
You and your family can enjoy areas like Ice Age where you can learn about the different geological impacts on the animal and plant life from 34 million years ago to the current day. You can wander through the Land of the Living Dinosaurs, pop along to Penguin Cove and watch the incredibly funny Humboldt Penguin enclosure, which forms a part of the European Breeding programme to help to maintain this little creature for future generations. The West Midlands Safari Park is committed to conservation some of the rarest and most threatened animals on the planet today, whether because of climate change or as a result of damage to their living environment.
Lorikeet Landing will also be open which houses this highly coloured and incredibly inquisitive, charming little bird. You can also check out the Creepy Crawlies, the Reptile World and the African Village and the popular Sea Lion Show.
Food and drink is available on site but bear in mind that there are special restrictions still in place which may mean it is easier to take along your own food and refreshments to avoid unnecessary contact.
There are special measures in place and you must adhere to the following guidelines or respectfully, be asked to leave the park immediately:
- Face coverings are mandatory for the entire event, both indoors and outdoors. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please ensure you wear the ‘I am exempt from wearing a face covering’ badge so we understand your situation.
- Guest numbers have been reduced for each day.
- Please remember to keep at least 1m apart from others and adhere to the one-way systems.
- There will be Covid Champions around to help with social distancing, but it must be your responsibility to act sensibly during and post the fireworks display.
- Anyone not following the guidelines will be asked to leave the Park without a refund.
- There will not be a stage or bonfire this year, as to avoid a congregation around a focal point.
- Please be aware that following the firework display, guests will want to enter back into the Theme Park to make use of the rides. It is important people do not crowd these areas and listen to instructions from our Covid Champions.
- If the Government guidance changes and we have to cancel the event, we will contact guests with bookings to discuss refunds.
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell, with any of the symptoms of Covid-19. Please get in touch and we can discuss offering you an e-Gift Voucher reimbursement to use at another time.
- We recommend using hand sanitiser and hand wash stations regularly, which are situated throughout the walk-through areas of the Park.
- Free Return Tickets or Codes are not valid for this event.
- Annual Passes are not valid for Admission to this event, but a 25% discount is available for ride wristbands, when purchasing these on-site and showing your Pass at the Wristband Office.
- Timings are approximate and subject to change.
- Adventure Theme Park rides charged extra. Height restrictions apply.
- Theme Park ride wristbands can be purchased separately on-site during your visit.
The Safari Drive-through will be CLOSED throughout the event weekend.