ULTIMATE FIREWORK SAFETY
Safety comes 1st here at Epic Fireworks.
Here is a list of the safety features you must follow before having any dealings with fire and fireworks:
It is better to be safe than sorry.
• Make sure that you have safety goggles and a pair of gloves to hand and wear them when lighting fireworks.
• Make sure that there is one person in control of lighting the fireworks.
• Make sure that you have a bucket of water handy for used sparklers and any unspent fireworks.
• Double check your bonfire before lighting, make sure there is nothing inside (hedgehogs are renowned for hiding in bonfires).
• Use the safety port fires to light your fireworks not a lighter and any other naked flame and ALWAYS light them at arm’s length.
• Don’t drink and light fireworks - alcohol and fireworks are not a good combination and they may lead to injury.
• Store your fireworks in a metal box and use them one at a time.
• Make sure that you give pets enough space and somewhere to hide before you set off the fireworks.
• Make sure that you read the instructions fully on the fireworks before lighting them.
• Never throw fireworks.
• Make sure that you have the correct distance when standing and watching the display and point any fireworks away from your audience.
• Never go back to a lit firework even if it hasn’t gone off.
• Make sure there is a first aid kit to hand.
• Always supervise children around fireworks.
• Do not give sparklers to children under 5 years old.
• Do not throw fireworks onto the bonfire.
• Make sure that the fire has been put out fully and any dud or incomplete fireworks are submerged in water for 24-48hrs before leaving the display.
• Notify any neighbours if you are having a display so they can if they need to sort out any animals they may have before.
• Make sure that you adhere to the law and keep an eye on the time. You are able to have fireworks every day between 7am and 11pm. There are exceptions with extended periods for Bonfire Night (midnight) and Diwali, New Year and Chinese New Year (1am).
If ever in doubt; check it out!!
Make sure that everyone is kept safe the next time you have a display!