UK FESTIVAL OF FIREWORKS 2019
WHAT: UK FESTIVAL OF FIREWORKS 2019
WHY: NATIONAL PYROTECHNIC FESTIVAL (NON-COMPETITIVE EVENT)
WHEN: SATURDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER 2019
WHERE: CATTON HALL, WALTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DE12 8LN
TICKETS: SEE WEBSITE
The Annual UK Festival of Fireworks offers a chance for you and your family to enjoy ‘A night to remember under the stars’. The event has been running since 1999 as organised by Jubilee Fireworks.
All the displays are non-competitive and choreographed to music and in this its 21st year, it continues to thrill old and young alike. The Festival incorporates the Firework Festival alongside a Steam Rally and a Food Festival and is great for the whole family.
The teams are as follows:
- SELSTAR FIREWORKS – 40-years- experience – this team source goods from around the world. More recently, this team were co firers with Sirotechnics for an absolutely beautiful display called ‘the power of dreams’ at the Monaco Art en Ciel and won the 'champions of champions' event at this years British Fireworks Championship.
- ILLUSION FIREWORKS - Illusion was established in 2014 by Karl and his team of pyro-enthusiasts - since becoming an independent firer, Illusion have won the British Musical Firework Championships, British Firework Championship, and several Firework Champions events. Expect BIG effects from this team.
- PYROITALY – This Northern Italian team was established in 2003 and are known for traditional Italian colours and style with innovative new design products using innovative new design and state of the art technology to create incredible shows packed with visual and sound effects.
- JUBILEE FIREWORKS – Organisers of the event Jubilee Fireworks has been in the business of captivating audiences since the eighties and continues to work tirelessly all year round.
This is a full-day event with a Steam Rally, featuring steam engines and miniature vehicles of all sorts, filling the lawn of Catton Hall. There are anticipated to be as many as 50 steam engines of all sizes for the event so get along and have a ride around or learn more about the golden age of steam. In addition, there will be food available from a number of specialist concessions.
The firing schedule is as follows:
- 8.30 – SELSTAR FIREWORKS – CHICHESTER
- 9.00 – ILLUSION FIREWORKS – WALLINGFORD
- 9.30 – PYROITALY – CARVIAGO, ITALY
- 10.00 – FINALE DISPLAY BY ORGANISERS – JUBILEE FIREWORKS
There will be approximately 10,000 fireworks used during the event so it will be bright, loud and full of colour.
Foodies can enjoy some of the delicious fayres on offer at the event from the concessions:
- ARTISAN PIZZA – WOODFIRED OVEN (MMMMM…)
- HOG ROAST
- FISH AND CHIPS
- HOT AND COLD BEVERAGES
- LICENSED BAR
Car parking is free at this event and just a couple of minutes walk from the main arena.
Please note that if you are going along, the following are banned for safety reason:
- No pets
- No BBQ’s or open flame cooking devices of any kind
- No fireworks/sparklers
- No other types of cooking appliances
- No tents/bivouac
- Gazebos are allowed but MUST purchase a canopy permit. This can be done online beforehand
The grounds on which the stunning Catton Hall is built have been in the same family since 1405 and the present Hall was built on the site of the previous structure in 1740. The Neilson family have cared for this impressive Grade I listed baroque style building and the 250 acres of land throughout.
Go along, take in the wonder of professional display fireworks and of course, a picnic and sit back and enjoy a day of pure entertainment.