Ticket Tailor's 2023 Fireworks Night Report Reveals Growing Trends in UK Celebrations
Ticket Tailor, a popular online event ticketing platform, has released its much-anticipated 2023 Annual Fireworks Night Report. The report delves into comprehensive data collected from online ticket sales across a multitude of fireworks events facilitated by the platform.
In the UK, Fireworks Night—also known as Bonfire Night and Guy Fawkes Night—remains firmly entrenched as the country's ninth most popular National or Religious event.
Key findings from the 2023 Fireworks Night Report include significant increases and notable trends:
- A striking 21% rise in the number of fireworks events selling tickets via Ticket Tailor since 2022.
- Witnessing a six percent surge in average audience size, fireworks displays now regularly attract more than 1,300 attendees.
- The average ticket sales revenue per fireworks event has increased by 11%, reaching a remarkable £11,000 per event in 2023.
- An uptick in average ticket price (excluding complimentary tickets), up by five percent to £8.45 compared to 2022.
Insights into community groups organising Fireworks Night events revealed:
- Schools, leading the charge, comprised 46% of the total events organised.
- Sports clubs closely followed, accounting for 19% of the events, while the Scouts managed nine percent. Round Tables at eight percent, and other groups, such as councils, venues and promoters, at 18%.
- The breakdown highlighted cricket clubs at 58% and rugby clubs at 33% in sports clubs organising Fireworks Night events.
George Follett, commercial director of Ticket Tailor, reflected on the robust fireworks season: “It’s been another huge Guy Fawkes night at Ticket Tailor, with hundreds of shows being powered by our ticketing software. It was a tense year for Fireworks Nights across the country as Storm Babet and then Storm Ciarán loomed over much of the UK. Fortunately though, as the weekend of 3rd-5th November approached the winds and rain largely dropped off and fireworks shows could put on the displays ticket buyers were hoping for.
“This uncertainty around the weather led to a late burst of sales, but ultimately it was a successful year of ticket sales and fundraising for displays across the UK. As we dived into the numbers behind this year’s displays it was great to see larger crowds and more money raised for good causes. More often than not it’s organisations at the heart of the communities putting on the displays for a good cause – schools, sports clubs, Round Tables and Scout organisations deserve a particular shoutout.”
Ticket Tailor customer Kyle McGill, organiser of the annual Billericay Round Table Fireworks Display, shares: “Running the largest fireworks show in Essex is demanding but great fun. Fireworks planning has come a long way over the last 10 years where all tickets were sold on the gate. With Ticket Tailor, we knew we had achieved our break-even point before we even started setting up, which takes a huge stress off and makes the event even more enjoyable for all the hardworking volunteers.”
Ticket Tailor's recent success stories, including Stonepitts Farm's record-breaking sellout of tickets to its folk festival and collaboration with British singer-songwriter Dan Clews, underscore the platform's growing influence in event promotion and ticket sales.
The 2023 Fireworks Night Report is indicative of a thriving fireworks culture in the UK, showcasing notable growth in event size, revenue, and community involvement.
Planning your own fireworks display?
Here at Epic Fireworks we stock the largest range of market-beating fireworks you can buy in the UK and all at unbeatable prices. So whether you're looking for rockets, barrages, loud fireworks, quiet fireworks, mines, fountains or anything else, we've got you covered.
Plus, our expert team have curated ready-made DIY display packs, taking the guesswork out of how to put on a great fireworks show for your friends and family.