Royal Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
Temple Laugherne House in Lower Broadheath, Worcester is now set to have an explosive finale to their celebrations.
Their original plan was to offer their own gentile celebrations by holding a Garden Fete and Garden Party on June 4th in celebration of the Queen’s 60 year reign.
However, what was originally to be a very quiet affair has all changed as they were selected as one of the 4000 beacons to be lit across the UK and Commonwealth. The beacon will be lit at 10:26pm, just prior to the one being lit at 10:30 by her Majesty in London. After the lighting of the beacon, a huge fireworks display will follow. Sainsbury’s have also very kindly sent a ‘special goodies’ pack which will be used as prizes for guests on the day.
From 12:00pm onwards the stunning gardens will have a whole host of things to entertain the family including:
• Licensed bar from 12:00pm to 02:00am
• Falconry displays
• Bouncy castle
• Cream teas
• Pimms tent
• Various games including ‘beat the goalie’ and ‘hunt the duck’ to name just a couple
• Jubilee merchandise
• Big screen televising the Jubilee Concert from Buckingham Palace
Tickets are £5.00 for an adult and £1.00 for a child. A family ticket for 2 adults and 2 children is available for £10.00
Bingham in Richmond Upon Thames will be hosting a Garden party on Tuesday 5th June from 1pm to 6pm
Guests will be treated to a quintessentially British afternoon overlooking the River Thames with classic food, drink and games.
The menu, following the ‘Best Of British Theme’ will include:
• Char-grilled asparagus with soft boiled eggs and herb mayonnaise
• Welsh rarebit
• Rare roast beef with braised little gem lettuce, onion rings and peppercorn sauce
• Vanilla rice pudding with raspberries and dark chocolate
• Eton mess (meringue, strawberries coulis and chopped strawberries and double cream)
Thereafter, jugs of Pimms, Jubilee Cocktails and non-alcoholic fruit punches and cocktails will be available for the children.
A jazz band will provide a subtle ambience and the children will have a wide selection of games including Giant Zenga, Giant Connect 4, Boules and face-painting.
Tickets are £220.00 for adults and £10.00 for children and this will include food plus 2 drinks.
I am sure that whether you plan a peaceful retiring day at the riverside or a full on party in the park you will have a great day.