PLEASE STAY SAFE :)
“Stay Safe” appears to have taken on so many more connotations this year as the devastation brought about by the Global Pandemic continues to devastate lives.
With very few, if any, organised public firework displays taking place this New Year’s Eve, people are turning to having a few fireworks at home instead.
The use of fireworks in safe hands are an absolute joy to many, but incorrectly/inappropriately used, they can have devastating consequences.
In light of this, the firework code must be followed to avoid unnecessary pain and suffering to keep the occasion fun and safe for everyone!
- Plan ahead – make sure your fireworks are stored safely in a cool dry place
- Make sure your fireworks are CE marked
- Use only fireworks which are appropriate for the space you have available. If you have a small garden/firing area, choose garden fireworks – if in doubt, speak to your suppliers who are experts and they should be able to point you in the right direction
- ALWAYS light fireworks at arms length with your face as far away as possible. Use either a taper or safety port fire (specialist lighters) to avoid issues
- Direct firework rockets away from spectators/property
- NEVER return to a firework once it is lit
- Fireworks should NEVER be handled by anyone under the age of 18
- Fireworks can be set off on New Years Eve until 1am on New Year’s Day but please be mindful of neighbours/pets/livestock and try to get done as early as possible
- Fireworks are not toys - treat them with respect and care at all times and you will avoid either yourself/friends and neighbours visiting to A & E
- Warn neighbours if you live in close proximity so they are prepared, especially those with small children, pets etc
- Only use CAT F1 (INDOOR) CAT F2 (GARDEN – 8M SAFETY) CAT F3 (CONSUMER DISPLAY – 25M SAFETY – CAT F4 ARE NOT TO BE USED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED SPECIALISTS
Above all, we just want everyone to stay safe ready for next year when we will be able to celebrate in style.
Happy New Year everyone from all at Epic Fireworks and we look forward to a Covid Free 2021 😊