KITA HANABI TAIKAI
WHAT: KITA HANABI TAIKAI
WHY: FIREWORKS FESTIVAL
WHERE: KITA HANABI TAIKAI VENUE, TOKYO
LOCATION: AROUND ARAKAWA RIVERBED AND IWATASUKI SLUICE
WHEN: SATURDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER FROM 4:30PM TO 8:30PM
As we know, the Japanese are known for their action-packed events, with some of the most spectacular fireworks over the summer months. If your lucky, at some events, you may get a short glimpse of the fireworks through some of the high-rise buildings or try battle the crowds to get the perfect place to view. The Kita Hanabi is perfect for pyro lovers as it may not be as big as some of the other events, but as it is held along the flat bank of the Arakawa river it guaranteed some impressive views of the action.
Marking the 8th time for the event this year, and last years leading fireworks company “IKEVEN” will launch 8,888 fireworks into the skies above the river. The event is organised by a private organisation representing the Kita Ward along with the locals and residents of the city.
The event is free with three separate sections of seating divided up along the riverbank. If you would like a more impressive view and more of an insight into the atmosphere at a Japanese event you can purchase a seat in the following areas:
- Blue Water Gate – This offers a concert-level sound where you can view the fireworks with music.
- Red Gate Area – This is the locals favourite spot as the fireworks explode over the gate giving the spectators some fantastic photo opportunities.
- All the rest of the seating areas are free, but it is advised to arrive early to grab a spot.
As mentioned before wherever you decide to sit to view, you will have an uninterrupted fantastic view of the fireworks setting the skies alight.
Programme of events:
- Grand Opening Celebration – “first year of the war” directing the performance is the Ground Self Defence Force’s first-team music with fireworks performed at the welcome stage.
- Act 2 - Fireworks unique to the Kita Ward Fireworks Association. This year the story will be told about the creation of the foundation of the modern Japanese economy in Asukayama, Kita-ku of “Eiichi Shibusawa” who was decided to be the face of the new 10,000-yen bill
- Act 3 – The 4th Kita fireworks expo, where the famous fireworks from Japan Art Fireworks Association show off their famous fireworks to the crowd. This is the latest pyro that Japan boasts to the world.
- Act 4 – “Elephant Kashimashi” an artist proud of Akabane who the departure melody at Akabane station was last year. This year they will collaborate with the Kita Ward fireworks association to put masterpieces together and launch a star mine.
- Act 5 – Grand Finale 2020 and beyond - “Ikeven” will launch innovative fireworks selected from the award-winning past competitions. Along with popular songs Genshi Yonezu “lemon” and Foorin “Paprika” fireworks and music that dances in the sky.
The schedule of other events
12:00 – Opening/fireworks association food court open
13:00 – Fireworks display on stage start
16:30 – Paid seat opening
18:30 – Opening / Closing Ceremony
18:45 – Fireworks Launch
19:30 – Fireworks launch end 21:00 Closed
With plenty on offer throughout the evening, why not don your yukata, join the locals and enjoy this autumn pyrotechnic delight.