Fireworks Poster - The law...
There have been a number of changes to the law in regards to the sale and setting off of Fireworks in the UK in recent years and in our opinion, all the better for it.
There are a number of intrinsic legalities which we should all be made aware of:
• Not to be sold to anyone under the age of 18.
• Not allowed to ignite fireworks between 11pm and 7am. There are a couple of exceptions to this. For New Year, Chinese New Year and Diwali you can light up to 01:00am but for Bonfire Night, you can only fire until midnight.
• You are not legally permitted to throw fireworks.
• You are not legally permitted to set them off in the street.
• You can only buy fireworks between 15th October and 10th November and 26th December and 31st December and 3 days prior to Chinese New Year and Diwali. Fully licensed operators like Epic Fireworks can sell all year round.
• Fireworks MUST have the BS:7114 classifications or the newer CE standard to be legal to sell in the UK.
• Consumer fireworks should never be louder than 120 decibels.
If you find yourself outside of these legalities, you could end up with a fine of £5000.00 or find yourself facing a 3-month prison sentence.