Clitheroe Light Up The Night Skies With Fireworks
A night-time carnival procession with a firework finale fired from Clitheroe Castle on Saturday 25th August 2012, commemorating both the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the London 2012 Olympic Games.
During the daytime, there will be a wide variety of entertainment on offer to the anticipated crowds, including the following:
- The Phil Knight Experience – A band giving you a mixture of Folk, Rock and Roll and Comedy.
- Drop the Floor – traditional Irish Dance
- Dave Metcalf – local singer/songwriter
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight featuring Spitfire’s
- Beat Base Conserve – 3 piece acoustic band who play popular cover versions
- Reece plays Hank Marvin (of The Shadows)
- Garage Band – traditional Lancastrian music
- Street Entertainment
- Float Procession
A funfair will be on the castle field all weekend and during the street entertainment there will be street theatre and face painting at various venues on Castle Street.
The Float procession will be preceded by a Cycle Procession which is open to anyone who has a roadworthy bike and a helmet. Prizes are to be awarded for the best dressed and most unusual bike adornments. Similarly, prizes will be awarded for the Floats.
The fireworks will be set off from the north sides of the Castle Keep. The best places for viewing are between Bawdlands, Castle View and Castle Street. We hope you all enjoy the display and please ensure that pets are kept safe indoors.
If you are looking for fireworks for a small event, birthday, anniversary or any sort of celebration, why not come along to Epic Fireworks, the biggest retailer in the UK and get some top quality pyro at half the RRP. We are open 7-days a week, 362 days of the year and have a massive range with something to suit every taste and pocket.
Leave a comment