It’s been a very busy time recently, up and down the country, especially for Fireman Sam who shares his Bonfire Safety Tips with children and their families.
Last week, Fireman Sam attended the Lambeth Bonfire celebrations where he walking through the crowds, meeting the guests and posing for photographs with lots of delighted children.
Battersea Park was also a very special event for guests to enjoy the fireworks and for families to be entertained by Fireman Sam himself.
Check out the Fireman Sam bonfire and fireworks safety dos and don’ts below.
Bonfire Dos and Don’ts
· Site bonfire well away from houses, garages, sheds, fences, overhead cables, trees and shrubs AND ALWAYS AWAY FROM FIREWORKS.
· Build the bonfire stack so that it is stable and never light with flammable liquids.
· Keep everyone away from the fire, especially children who must be supervised at all times, and pets who are best kept indoors.
· In case of an emergency, keep buckets of water, the garden hose or a fire extinguisher ready.
· Pour water on the embers before leaving.
Firework Dos and Don’ts
· Keep fireworks in a closed metal box and take them out one at a time.
· Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on each firework. Read them by torchlight – NEVER a naked flame.
· Light fireworks at arm’s length using a safety firework lighter or fuse wick. NEVER go back to a lit firework.
· Always wear gloves when handling sparklers and hold at arm’s length. Once finished, put in a bucket of water.
· Never give sparklers to children under 5.
Epic Fireworks would like to say a big Thank You to:
©2014 Prism Art & Design Limited