WHAT: WORLD FIREWORKS CHAMPIONSHIP BLACKPOOL
WHY: INTERNATIONAL PYROTECHNIC COMPETITION
WHERE: BLACKPOOL, LANCASHIRE
WHEN: 6TH, 13TH, 20TH, AND 27TH SEPTEMBER 2019
The beautiful seaside town of Blackpool plays host once again for the World Firework Championships this September and best of all it’s FREE!!
This little coastal town has been the host of the event for many years and the support for it grows year on year. Being a British ‘seaside’, there are naturally lots to see and do out and about.
- Blackpool Zoo
- Blackpool Illuminations
- Comedy Club
- Madame Tussauds
- Theatre – Dr. Dolittle
- Kite Festival – St Annes
- Sealife Blackpool
Food, of course, is very high on the list of priorities and the area of course is well known for its fish and seafood but there are some scrumptious eateries about for you to try if you are staying for the weekend from cheap and tasty to full-on fine dining:
- FISH AND CHIPS – YORKSHIRE FISHERIES – fish a specialty
- PIZZA – STEFANI’S PIZZERIA – wood fire baked traditional recipe pizza
- STEAK – BEACHCOMBER STEAKHOUSE – succulent steaks, juicy burgers and ribs cooked to perfection
- ITALIAN/EUROPEAN – NOVELLO – specialises in Italian fine dining
- CURRY/INDIAN – CURRY LEAF – from traditional curries to some outstanding chef’s specials
This year, the competitors will be representing Europe and Canada and plan to have a big impact on the skies over Blackpool.
DATES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Friday 6TH SEPTEMBER – ESTONIA – REPRESENTED BY PYROCOM
- Friday 13TH SEPTEMBER – CANADA – ORION FIREWORKS
- Friday 20TH SEPTEMBER – UKRAINE – DANCE OF FIRE
- Friday 27TH SEPTEMBER – UK – TITANIUM FIREWORKS (NON-COMPETITIVE DISPLAY WHILST THE WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED)
All the events start at 7.30pm with the fireworks due to start at around 8.30pm. Please note that the firing time is determined by numerous factors and as such, we recommend you get there early to avoid disappointment.
Here is a taster from last year’s event, the team from Firemaster, Canada.
If you do manage to get along to see the shows, please let us see your shots and of course; bring me a stick of rock 😊