CARDIFF NEW YEARS EVE – CELEBRATIONS
This year, the City of Cardiff will be having their very own Winter Wonderland which includes:
• All the fun of the fair – fairground attractions and rides
• Food and drink – there is plenty to choose from with burgers, sweet and savoury crepes, BBQ pulled pork, chips (fries) and some delicious Churros (like strips of donut deep fried which should then be thoroughly dunked in melted chocolate mmmmm)
• Drinks – this can be either the concessions around about selling soft drinks or there is Sur La Piste Bar for alcoholic beverages
• Ice Skating – open to all ages and for all the family to enjoy – prices vary but for New Year’s Eve it is £20 per adult and £15 per child
• Various Christmas food and drink options
If you are looking for something indoor, why not take the family bowling. Cardiff Superbowl is offering unlimited bowling, a glass of bubbly on the strike of midnight, competitions and giveaways throughout the evening. The cost of the tickets is £22.99 for adults and £14.99 for children and this cost includes a drink on arrival and a meal from a specially selected range. Check the venue out for more details.
For a little more class and to ring in the New Year in style, why not get along to the Rainbow Casino with a huge selection of entertainment and Motown music from the former lead singer of the Drifters, Roy G Hemmings and a glass of fizz to ring in the new year before party time gets under way.
Li’L London will be showing the firework display from London on the big screen and you can sit back and relax with a ‘dawg’ (hotdog to you and I) are if you are a little more peckish, check out their burgers or sharing platters (yeah right … sharing lol) and you will receive a delicious glass of prosecco on arrival.
Alternatively, a number of local bars and restaurants are offering themed events. The Meatery and Martini Company are holding a very special Alice In Wonderland themed night which will include expanding cocktails, flamingo croquet and food inspired by the Novel. Prices start at around £45.00 and more details once again will be available on their website.
So, just because you are not in the Capital, doesn’t necessarily mean the celebrations will be any less special. The fireworks for Cardiff will take place at midnight at the Civic Centre.
Happy New Year from all at Epic Fireworks
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda ?