Posts Tagged ‘music’
OZ the Great and Powerful – A small-time magician with dubious ethics arrives in a magical land and must decide if he will be a good man or a great one.
If I ever hear the 1812 overture as a backdrop to fireworks, I’ll strangle someone. Not really, of course, but come on folks, we can do so much better. And stuff like “The Battle” from Gladiator is great, but to use it ever year (Garstang, I’m looking at you) gets a touch samey! So here are four bang up to date You Tube that would provide a dramatic and different soundtrack to your pyro:
1. Set Fire to the Rain, Full Orchestra. The name is surely enough, but check it out:
2. Canon Rock for Twin Violins. Just because its ace, its classical, and it rocks. Start the first minute with fountains maybe:
3. Pirates of the Caribbean- “He’s a Pirate”. Many versions, all conjure up images of gunpowder, mayhem, swagger and adventure.
4. And finally, slightly different , a Japanese Techno Jazz version of Beethoven – lively , like-able, and catchy from the first time you hear it.
And there we go. Just don’t , under any circumstances, use Katy Perry’s “Firework.” If you do that, you might as well get “clueless” tattooed on your forehead. If you insist on using Katy, use “I kissed a girl.” Much better!
Oh, and if you must, people may well like this – but do it before it goes out of fashion- which must be soon, surely
More ideas here folks: http://epicfireworks.com/blog/2009/08/music-with-fireworks-top-recomended-songs/
Article by Moonlight Shadow
OK folks, just a very basic blog here now – something you might want to read and chill out to – whilst watching the videos and looking at the ladies. Here are some contemporary videos about, or featuring fireworks.
1. This is “Pyromania” by Cascada, a sort of “poor man’s Gaga” effect going on here… and yet, it is quite catchy. And, it has 16 million hits. 16 million!
2. The Curse of Monkey Island theme – just a brilliant piece of carribean style music – not the fireworks going off in the background!
3. With an absurd 220 million hits, here is Katy Perry’s “Firework.” She has totally hijacked our hobby for such a remarkably cliched song. It does feature fireworks though – shooting from her body!
4. Be aware – these men are Americans. The lack of safety would be dangerous practice in England, so please – don’t try this at home! None the less, its a very clever parody song – and I’ve personnally been to that shop!
5. One more, because it feels right that things should come in 5s. Here is some proper music, written special for Royal Fireworks. Of course, back in those days the royal fireworks would have been a lot different from the ones we have no. Probably smelled differently, too!