Archive for the ‘Wedding Fireworks’ Category
The 2013 Wedding Season is just beginning to gather pace. However, we would advise you not to put your wellies and woollies away just yet though as this could be the calm before the storm … again!!
Epic fireworks in Tankersley has more than 30 years experience in the fireworks industry, and we would really like to help anyone looking to have fireworks at their wedding get the best value and quality possible for half the price.
We stock a HUGE array of semi professional fireworks which will truly make your big day go with a bang. We can provide information to help you in choosing a bespoke pack with the right effects, colours and duration to fit in with your wedding theme or you could choose one of our specially selected display packs which come with a full set of safety instructions, safety portfires (for lighting your pyro) and a comprehensive guide on how to set up the fireworks to get the best for your money.
All you need to do is find someone who will do the setting up and firing for you and we can help them every step of the way on what to do if there is a change in the weather, how to lay them out and the timings of every piece so that you can have the seamless display your heart desires but at a fraction of the cost. We will not be supplying hundreds of small items but a particular selection of the best barrages in the UK (some of which are used by pro firers) to give you a display to remember.
A firework display at the end of your wedding would be the perfect end to the perfect day, so if you should find yourself needing some help, get in touch and we will certainly do our best, and as our prices are all half the RRP, they are great value for money.
As we enter the ‘Wedding Season’ here at Epic and using fireworks at the end of any couple’s special day is becoming more the ‘in thing’ than ever.
Although may people go for the ‘professional display’, nowadays there are more and more people choosing to fire their own DIY pack instead.
The length of the display itself is usually the starting point but the problem is that our perception of time is really warped. I recently tasked my colleagues in the office to indicate when they believed 5 minutes had expired without the aid of a clock or watch. No-one, without exception, got to within 30 seconds (nearest being the lovely Kash at 45 seconds over) of the timing which is a staggering indication that when it comes to fireworks, quality counts above quantity.
Realistically, we would recommend a show of between 3 and 10 minutes of full on sky illuminating magic.
So, what should the prospective couple consider? We have a list of 5 common queries to think about before ordering your display.
1. Noise – many fireworks include various levels of noise ranging from the gentle pop or crackle to the full on screeching whistle or report (a bit like gunfire) so you really should look to your guest list. Any very small children or the elderly may become quite upset at the noisier versions. However, if you are about to marry a huge prop forward from your local rugby club and 50 of his ‘mates’ are expected, worry not – the noisier the better.
2. Faulty fireworks – successful displays rely on the synchronicity of pyro and music and therefore any misfires will naturally have a high impact. Quality control here at Epic is paramount as we are very aware of how devastating this can be. Choosing a reliable stockist is usually the best action. We pride ourselves that not more than 20 fireworks per annum are known to fail and some of the ones reported were down to user error (upside down or not secured down). We visit China regularly to check on quality at random to ensure that we have done everything in our power to guard against such an occasion.
3. DIY – Don’t know how? – Doing it yourself can potentially save you a good few pounds. For example, most professional firework display companies will fire a 10 minute display for £795.00, whereas you can have someone fire for you a 15 minute all out display of colour for £395.00 with our Bouquets of Colour DIY wedding pack. This comes with a firing order, full safety instructions and the layout plan and safety lighters goggles etc. If your ‘firer’ has any questions at all, we are open 7-days a week and the call will be answered by a pyro expert. With 20-years experience we have assisted many thousands of prospective customers in achieving some marvellous results.
4. More is not better – (well in this case anyway) Those amongst you who think that quantity over quality is the way to go are on their way to a world of trouble. The reason being that most of the smaller items are less dramatic and do not last as long therefore your designated firer will be running like an Olympic athlete in their attempt to light them all.
Of course this doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to opt for the most expensive choice but in fireworks, you truly do get what you pay for. If you give your supplier all the right information, they are the experts and where appropriate a bespoke display can be created, timed and laid out to your own requirements. We even have video’s of all our current stock (and some of those on their way to us from China at the moment) to enable you to make an informed decision. I would like to add that despite the images on your PC being really good, nothing compares to the sight of live fireworks.
5.What to have? – a good display should primarily be made up of cakes which take a single ignition and some of them are like ‘a display in a box’. The effects will keep your guests entertained with the surprise and delight of a sky bursting with light in a short but high impact display which will be remembered forever.
All told, we would recommend that you arm yourself with:
• A reasonable budget
• Colour scheme – we have a number of colour combinations like silver and blue and red and gold etc
• The age of the guests (for the noise levels you may be able to tolerate)
• Who will fire? Let us take them through the process and answer any questions
• Safety – where, when, what time, number of attendees, photo’s of the firing area where possible.
Once you have all this, call us, email or call over to see us. There is no obligation and we all love to talk fireworks. See you soon
Bonfire Night, New Year, what’s the third one? Weddings! Epic Fireworks provide fireworks all year round, so why not celebrate your wedding with a brief and dramatic fireworks show. Here is the rundown from a very successful display that was done by a customer, Torry, for his friends Steven and Vicky’s wedding.
The show opened with a nice pair of conic fountains- warm up the crowd, give everyone a minute to settle down, and once they have finished, on with the barrages!
No show is complete without it’s grand finale, and for this they went with a set of 6 Screaming Spiders and 6 Thunderous Finales- just what was needed. Professional style, with simultaneous bursts overhead, and the show was greeted with well received cheers – exactly as a wedding should be. Worth every penny, and added memories to a day that will last a lifetime for Steve and Vicky.
View the video below